BnB Wonderlandscape (Bed & Breakfast)
Marc Tissot & Roger Ambiel
Le Chaumont 4, 2350 Saignelégier
Freiberg-Mountains, Jura, Switzerland
3 guest rooms located at the heart of the high plateau of the Freiberg-Mountains, in a quiet and peaceful environment in a wonderful typical Jura farm from 1791 : BnB Wonderlandscape.
- Room Mont-Soleil: double-bedroom, 14 m2, shared bathroom, first floor (south-east)
- Room Chasseral: double-bedroom, 17 m2 (washbasin in the room), shared bathroom, first floor (south)
- Room Franches-Montagnes: double-bedroom, 16 m2, shared bathroom, first floor (north-west)
- The rooms have parquet floor and antique furnitures and each room has a magnificent view at the Freiberg-Mountains with sunrise and sunset
- Our BnB Wonderlandscape is located at 1’050 m: Le Chaumont 4, Saignelégier We are within walking distance to the high moor lake « Étang de la Gruère » and we are close to the railway station Saignelégier (4 km) and the railway station La Chaux-des-Breuleux (2 km).
Breakfast: Swiss muesli, fresh fruit salad, oven bread, yoghurts, homemade jam, butter, cheese, tea, chocolate, coffee….. and the fresh organic eggs of our chickens.
Restaurants : The local restaurants are closed on Mondays and/or Tuesdays but it is possible to have pizzas, salads, kebabs, skewers and drinks delivered to your home. We provide you with free glass plates and cutlery.(Minimum for a delivery CHF 30.00)
Free WLAN, garden and terrace, piano, big lounge with a big fireplace on the ground floor with a beautiful sight at the Freiberg-Mountains, Chasseral and the Mont-Soleil (Montagne du Droit).
Accessible to people with reduced mobility with a stairlift.
A slightly undulating plateau at an altitude of 1’000 m above sea level, defined by large pastures, spruce and fir forests as well as characteristic whitewashed individual farms that have their barns and living quarters under the same roof : these are the Jurassic Freiberg-Mountains.
- Franches-Montagnes landscape – the sparse parkshape with open pastures, tree clusters and pine forests is the primary sight of the region
- Étang de la Gruère – a high moor which was created 12’000 years ago and is of national importance featuring animals and plants which are rare or even in danger of becoming extinct. A trail comining all the characteristic elements of the Freiberg-Mountains high plateau has been built for walkers (within walking distance from our BnB)
- Historic “Tête de moine” exhibition chees dairy (only for groupes) – the cheese originating from the 12th century is produced in the vaulted hall at the old Bellelay farm. Further cheese dairies : Saignelégier
- Chemins de Fer du Jura – the red one-metre gauge trains of the Jura Railways (CJ) mainly provide access to the high plateau of the Freiberg-Mountains and is perfect for exursions in the region
- La Chaux-de-Fonds is an excursion destination near the Freiberg-Mountains. The watch museum is a must-see highlight when visiting the centre of time measurement
Within walking distance from BnB Wonderlandscape: Étang de la Gruère (moor lake)
a room with a view on the Freiberg-Mountains in wintertime
Front entrance of BnB Wonderlandscape, Le Chaumont 4, Saignelégier
wintertime … BnB Wonderlandscape, Le Chaumont 4, Saignelégier
sunset, view on la Montagne du Droit (Mont-Soleil)
cross-country trails ski run just next to the BnB Wonderlandscape
our house was built in 1791.