BnB Wonderlandscape (Bed & Breakfast)
Marc Tissot & Roger Ambiel
Le Chaumont 4, 2350 Saignelégier
Freiberg-Mountains, Jura, Switzerland
3 guest rooms located at the heart of the high plateau of the Freiberg-Mountains, in a quiet and peaceful environment in a wonderful typical Jura farm from 1791 : BnB Wonderlandscape.
- Room Mont-Soleil: double-bedroom, 14 m2, shared bathroom, first floor (south-east)
- Room Chasseral: double-bedroom, 17 m2 (washbasin in the room), shared bathroom, first floor (south)
- Room Franches-Montagnes: double-bedroom, 16 m2, shared bathroom, first floor (north-west)
- The rooms have parquet floor and antique furnitures and each room has a magnificent view at the Freiberg-Mountains with sunrise and sunset
- Our BnB Wonderlandscape is located at 1’050 m: Le Chaumont 4, Saignelégier We are within walking distance to the high moor lake « Étang de la Gruère » and we are close to the railway station Saignelégier (4 km) and the railway station La Chaux-des-Breuleux (2 km).
Breakfast (fresh Swiss Müesli, fresh eggs from our own chickens, fresh milk from the farm, to suit your needs). Breakfast is served daily in the dining room on the ground floor or outside on the sunny terrace.
Free WLAN, garden and terrace, piano, big lounge with a big fireplace on the ground floor with a beautiful sight at the Freiberg-Mountains, Chasseral and the Mont-Soleil (Montagne du Droit).
Easily accessible to disabled people : disabled stairlift.
A slightly undulating plateau at an altitude of 1’000 m above sea level, defined by large pastures, spruce and fir forests as well as characteristic whitewashed individual farms that have their barns and living quarters under the same roof : these are the Jurassic Freiberg-Mountains.
- Franches-Montagnes landscape – the sparse parkshape with open pastures, tree clusters and pine forests is the primary sight of the region
- Étang de la Gruère – a high moor which was created 12’000 years ago and is of national importance featuring animals and plants which are rare or even in danger of becoming extinct. A trail comining all the characteristic elements of the Freiberg-Mountains high plateau has been built for walkers (within walking distance from our BnB)
- Historic “Tête de moine” exhibition chees dairy (only for groupes) – the cheese originating from the 12th century is produced in the vaulted hall at the old Bellelay farm. Further cheese dairies : Saignelégier
- Chemins de Fer du Jura – the red one-metre gauge trains of the Jura Railways (CJ) mainly provide access to the high plateau of the Freiberg-Mountains and is perfect for exursions in the region
- La Chaux-de-Fonds is an excursion destination near the Freiberg-Mountains. The watch museum is a must-see highlight when visiting the centre of time measurement
Within walking distance from BnB Wonderlandscape: Étang de la Gruère (moor lake)
a room with a view on the Freiberg-Mountains in wintertime
Front entrance of BnB Wonderlandscape, Le Chaumont 4, Saignelégier
wintertime … BnB Wonderlandscape, Le Chaumont 4, Saignelégier
sunset, view on la Montagne du Droit (Mont-Soleil)
cross-country trails ski run just next to the BnB Wonderlandscape
our house was built in 1791.